Saturday, February 10, 2007

About starting a blog ...

OK, seems like everybody has a blog these day, I even saw blog for a dog or a new born baby. Ever since my online store open to business, EVERYONE is telling me I need to have a blog. I am reluctant because I am not good at writing, but it really seems like a good idea to reach out to my friends, other moms, my customers, and business partners with a blog, so here is the blog ...

Where to start? I think I would like to introduce myself. I am Heidi, the business owner of tutufantasy.com. I have a wonderful husband and a beautiful 3 years old girl. We live in Seattle, yes, the beautiful pacific northwest. I live a super busy life, but is enjoying every bit of it.

I was born and grow up in Hong Kong. I have my first 26 years of my life in this tiny over-crowed city located in Asia. For some reason, a lot of Asian parents believe that besides attending school, their children MUST learn something else. The most popular choices are piano, violin, drawing or ballet (it HAS to be ballet!), and my mom always think that I need to learn to be more lady like, and so ballet it is for me!

I took ballet classes since I was a little girl. Hong Kong in that era was still a British Coloney, for ballet schools, they follow the RAD (Royal Academy of Dance) cirriculum. RAD has very straight rules for student attires, for example, the color and style of leotards and tights we could wear in ballet classes all has a set of rules, and students don't have much of a choice on that. Usually the approved attire were the most conservative, simple pink/blue or black color leotards.

For all those day, how I wish I can wear a beautiful dance dress or a tutu! But NOPE! Unless we were in a recital, we were stucked with those boring dancewear.

When I thinking to start a new online business, I been debating where to start. Then, I came across one of the cutest thing in this world - baby with a tutu!!! I was searching ebay aimlessly one day and I saw this photo of a cute baby with a tutu, i told myself i got myself a business idea.

Tutu Fantasy is not only "a little girl's dream come true", it is MY dream come true. I LOVE beautiful dancewear and tutus, and I LOVE babies!!

I am enjoying every bit of my business right now, it bring joy to me and my customers. What else is more important than that?

No comments: