Friday, February 16, 2007

Funny Book!


I love going to bookstores, you can always find me inside one of the Barnes & Noble around town. Today when I am cruising B&N again, I found this funny book "The Museum of Kitschy Stitches: A Gallery of Notorious Knits", I can't help laughing so loud when I was flipping over the pages in the bookstore, people must think I am a crazy woman!
I am a crocheter, been crocheting for years and this is still my favorite pass time (if only i have spare time to pass these day ...). Before I even know how to crochet, I was a knitter. My mom taught me to knit since I was a teenager, never really like knitting but my mom is a very talented knitter. I remember laughing at her old knit pattern books from the 60s to 70s, those notorious knitting designs were so ugly you almost can see the painful facial expressions from the models who were modeling those knitted products. Finally, here is this wonderful book dedicated to all those "designer knits", from knitted ski masks to knitted ties, you can almost find all the "greatest knit designs" for the past decades. My favorite is the "knitted hamburger pillow set" ... man, you got to see it to believe it.
If you want your guy to leave you, try knit him a tie and force him to put it on on valentine's day!

No comments: